Friday, September 3, 2010

If Double is good, then triple must be...MORE!



I took the original recipe for these cookies from the lovely Jackie over at Not Your Bubbe's Kitchen!  You should definitely go and check out her blog if you are looking for tasty, healthy recipes! 

The recipe I adapted can be found HERE.  I, however wanted to make the cookies, but I don't really do the whole "healthy alternative" thing.  And I don't tend to keep butter and egg substitutes in the house, and I didn't want to buy them just for one recipe. 

Triple Love Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cup Toll House Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup Sugar, Granulated
1 cup butter
1 tsp  Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
2 eggs
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder, Natural Unsweetened
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Melt 1/2 c chocolate chips (about 30-45 seconds in the microwave). Stir; set aside

In your mixer, beat the sugar, butter, and extracts til creamy.

Beat in eggs until fluffy.

Mix in melted (but cooled) chocolate.

In a small bowl, combine together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt.

Mix the flour mixture with the fluffly sugar goodness. Add the remaining chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.

Place 2" balls on a "Pam'd" cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes; cool on baking rack.

Flour Pile notes:  I only baked my 9 minutes. They were perfect!  These cookies were so tasty, and really popular with my friends.  I highly recommend them.

And, my pile pictures (there were several):

On the recipe sheet:

And all over the counter:





1 comment: