Friday, December 23, 2011

"Issa Boon-t-t"



If you get that reference, you get a cookie :)

A programming note: I have been baking A LOT in the last week or so.  I have a ton of recipes to share with you, so I'm probably going to keep the banter on the short side until I get through all of the holiday baking.  But, it's worth it, as I have some fantastic stuff to share with you!

You all know that I love Baileys.  LOVE IT.  It is easily my favorite alcohol to bake with.  In fact, I don't normally like alcohol in desserts at all, but I do love Baileys.  Earlier this year I tried to make a Bailey's pound cake, and was not super-pleased with the results.  I came across the recipe for this cake in my googly reader (which is pretty much where I find all of my inspiration these days).  At first I was turned off by it, as it uses boxed cake mix and pudding mix.  But, I needed to bake up a dessert for a party, and I was short on time, so I threw this together.

It was a total hit.  This cake is delicious.  The pudding mix makes it really moist and there is just the right amount of Baileys to be flavorful without being over powering.  And it comes together in a snap. 

The only thing I will say is that I thought the glaze as the recipe instructs came out way too thin.  I actually ended up pouring the too-thin glaze on, and then making more, thicker, glaze.  So, I would use more powdered sugar and/or less Baileys.  But I will print it as I originally found it, so you can decide for yourself.

Bailey's Bundt Cake
Serves 12

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box chocolate pudding mix
3/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
all ingredients required for cake as directed by box mix

Preheat oven to the temperature recommended on cake mix.  Spray your bundt pan with baking spray (the kind with the flour in it).

In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, oil, and Bailey's.  Mix at low speed to incorporate, then increase speed to medium and mix for about 2 minutes.  Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake according to package directions.

Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then flip it out onto a wire rack to cool completely before glazing.

Bailey's Glaze

6 tbsp powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream

Mix powdered sugar and booze in a small bowl or glass measuring cup (I use the measuring cup -- easier pouring).  Pour over cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment