Monday, September 5, 2011

I've got news!

This post isn't about baking.  It's not even about food.  There is no recipe here.  I know that this is a baking blog, but I am asking you to indulge me for a minute.

Yesterday, I completed a half marathon.  13.1 miles.  That's a lot.  In a moment of craziness, my bff of 20 years, April, convinced me to train for this thing.  I trained for months, and the race was yesterday.  I use the term "race" very liberally.  I had no intention of actually competing.  I just wanted to finish.  And I did!! I have to say, crossing that finish line might have been one of the proudest moments of my life.  I think I did some sort of laugh/cry/gasp for air thing.  I really hope no one caught that on camera.

But, as proof, I will give you one picture of April and I, post-race.  I promise you a cookie recipe in a little while, but first, I'm taking a little vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment