Sunday, June 26, 2011

Girls' Night = Girly Food


For some reason, when I think of dessert that you would serve at a Girls' Night, I either think of some kind of precious fruit dessert, or chocolate.  For my most recent Girls' Night, I decided on a fruit dessert.  I'm not quite sure what was going through my head when I chose this one.  The picture on the blog where I found it looked so cute, and it seemed easy enough.  Mix up a no-bake cheesecake filling, and the pipe it into raspberries.

Wait, what?

They may look kind of large in the photo, but raspberries are TINY.  TINY.  And my piping skills leave something to be desired (as you can see in the photo).  But, I forged ahead. 

Making the filling was easy.  And it was tasty.  And the piping wasn't actually that hard, just tedious.  Actually, the hardest part was going through about two pounds of raspberries and picking out the ones that were suitable for filling, while not smooshing the rest of them. 

Anyway, I filled most of the raspberries with the cheesecake filling and lemon curd, and then I got tired of it, and gave up.  But, I used the remainder of the filling, mixed it with smooshed raspberries and some lemon curd, and it tuned into a tasty dip!! 

The girls did love these tasty bites, but I think the dip was more popular.  I served them with some simple madeleines. 

Raspberry Dessert Bites

2 Cups fresh raspberries, washed
Lemon Curd (homemade or store bought)
No Bake Cheesecake Filling

No Bake Cheesecake Filling:
8 oz cream cheese (don't use light)
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

  1. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer until smooth.
  2. Whip the cream, and then fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture so it's fully combined. Fold gently so that you don't lose all the air in the whipped cream.
  3. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to firm up.
  4. Fill two piping bags fitted with small star tips with your fillings - 1 with the lemon curd and and the other with the cheesecake mixture.  One by one, take each raspberry and carefully fill each one with either the cheesecake or lemon filling.  Snack away!

No comments:

Post a Comment