Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cafe Coffee Cookies


This was one of those recipes that I saw online and knew that I had to make.  Coffee? yum.  Chocolate?  YUM.  Both in cookie form with a sweet glaze?  SUPER YUM!

On top of the yum factor, these cookies were super easy to whip up.  If you can make chocolate chip cookies, you can definitely make these.

I just have a few little notes about these babies:
  1. I skipped the nuts.  I always do. 
  2. I could have used more coffee flavor.  In the future I will AT LEAST double the amount of instant espresso powder I put in these.  And increase the amount in the glaze while I'm at it. 
  3. Speaking of the glaze, I ran out a little more than halfway through glazing the cookies, so I had to make more.  My glazing skills leave something to be desired, so maybe that was the culprit, but I'm just putting it out there. 
I got this recipe from Tasty Kitchen, while I was trolling around the Pioneer Woman website.

Cafe Coffee Cookies

FOR THE COOKIES:

½ cups Granulated Sugar
½ cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
½ cups Butter Or Margarine, Softened
1 whole Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Or Instant Espresso Granules Or Crystals
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
½ cups Chopped Pecans
12 ounces, weight Semisweet Chocolate Chips (2 Cups)

FOR THE GLAZE:

½ teaspoons Instant Coffee Or Instant Espresso Granules Or Crystals
1 Tablespoon Hot Water
½ cups (or More) Confectioners' Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat sugars, butter, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.

On low speed, beat in flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2″ apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set. Cool on the pan for 2-4 minutes; remove cookies from pans to wire racks and cool completely.

For the glaze, in a small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in hot water. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, adding more confectioner’s sugar, if necessary, to reach desired drizzling consistency.

Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Allow glaze to set before storing cookies in an airtight container between layers of waxed paper, plastic wrap or foil.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.




1 comment:

  1. Uht. Where's the picture of the flour pile. This looks waaaaay to tidy and professional. I want mess.

    ReplyDelete